Working Mom Blog…Written on Tuesday, Posted on Friday.

So, yeah, this was written on Tuesday, but I am just now getting around to posting it because LIFE.

See, this is why you don’t see many high profile bloggers who have full time jobs outside the home. Because we NEVER have time to actually write. Although this week, I have a good excuse.

First, Friday night the ice/sleet/Hellsmouth kept us from getting home. Yes, LITERALLY all roads to my house were closed because of railroad malfunctioning or accidents. I picked up Robbie from the sitter and headed home on my usual route. When I got to Big Timber and Tyrell, a cop car had it closed off. Okay, so I turned up Tyrell to go to 72, figuring I’d just go up and around and get home the back way. NOPE. After crawling in a line of cars for 30 minutes, Kurt called me to tell me that the railroad that crosses 72 was ALSO malfunctioning, so 72 was closed. I was in a sheer panic at this point. We’d been in the car for almost an hour at this point. Kurt then told me that Coombs was ALSO closed because so many cars had gone off the road due to the ice. We could not get home. So we met at Village Pizza and had dinner—Kurt was also trying to get home at this time and luckily knows the right people to call to find out what was going on. It was not a good night for my Sugar Free program—I am sure the pizza crust had more than my limit, but I. DID. NOT. CARE. I consider it a win that I did not have either a Diet Coke OR a drink, which would have been my normal coping mechanism for stress.

After dinner the main road to our house was open, so we got home by 7:30. Robbie was a flipping TROOPER through the whole ordeal. Definitely has his father’s patience.

Saturday AM I woke up dead with a cold. Like too-sick-to-function cold. You never realize what an awesome dude you married until you are stuffed-leaking-coughing-crying-bleary-delirious sick and your husband says “Stay in bed ALL DAY, I’ve got the toddler.” Of course, it helps that right now Robbie is going through his “I only have one parent, and that is DADDDDDDY” phase, so he didn’t even notice Mommy wasn’t around. I am pretty sure he knew he was sick last week and gave me all those extra kisses ON PURPOSE to knock me out so that he could have Daddy all to himself. Toddlers, man, they’re more sinister than you think.

So here I am on Day 4 of this cold—I’m functioning again, but I have total Ames voice (basically, I sound like a sexy man) and have an array of cold products on my bathroom counter, no less than three of which are in my body right now.

Wasn’t the whole point of this to talk about my Sugar Free journey? Well, I am still kicking ass and taking names. I am down 7 pounds, probably a few inches on my waist—my jeans fit better, but I can’t actually take my measurements because my kid though the measuring tape was a toy so now that’s missing.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s